I've talked in the past about my rather chaotic work patterns. So, during this two week stint of constant working, I decided to try to pace myself. This means that instead of working 8-10 hour days for the entire two weeks, I did 8-10 hour days only during the weekdays and let myself only work 5 hour days on the weekend. This resulted being calm, relaxed, and (relatively) sane on day 9 (today). As opposed to me being woefully unhappy and stressed to the max.
Plus, I've been abnormally productive. I'm waiting on a couple of backordered items for Very Important Project. This means that I was able to finish up my bit on Collaborative Project. (As an aside: I'm having an interesting dilemma on this project. Labmate suggested that I try to get an authorship on any resulting paper, because I've made the plasmid and will be helping my undergrad-- rather extensively-- on doing the biochemistry. However, I think that the interesting results will come from Collaborator(s) and, in that respect, all I will have done is make the plasmid. So, I'm not quite sure what to do about this.) Also, I've been able to make headway on Interesting High-Risk Project. I'm ready to do some preliminary experiments... at last!
Overall, I'm pretty pleased how these past nine days have gone and I'm glad that I can (finally) share some good news!
12 hours ago