Positive Thinking

I started to write a post whining about how I'm completely unmotivated to do anything science related. I have no good reason to be unmotivated. I just am. I've got a bunch of things to do and most of them are rather interesting, but sigh. Just no. But I digress.

So instead of another whine-y post about how I don't want to do any work/I miss Dr. Man/other complaints, I decided to make a list of good things that have happened recently or will happen in the near future. I've heard the power of positive thinking and figured: why not? So, here it goes:

-Dr. Man and I were pre-approved for a mortgage. Now we just have to prove that his student loans and my student loans are deferred.
-I've found a real estate agent.
-My really good friend from college, we'll call her Marie, is coming up in two weeks to visit.
-Dixie Dog is curled up on the couch next to me.
-I get to see Dr. Man next week.
-I get to sleep in a little bit tomorrow.
-I think I grew my first successful yeast.
-I successfully did the first step in Technical, But Interesting Project.
-I bought two really cute jackets/blazers (one khaki, one denim-- not 80's jean jacket, though) from Ann Taylor Loft... on sale!
-Best Friend is going to quit HorribleJob.
-Advisor complimented me on helping Labmate with Really Disappointing Data.
-Advisor told me that I was doing reasonably well on designing Technical, But Interesting Project on my own.

Well, that's all I can think of off hand. But looking at this list makes me feel a bit better. At least, life isn't as bad as I think it is at times.

Labels: