Progressive Baby Steps

After the flurry of activity last week to get Abstract in for Major European Conference, this week seems rather dull by comparison. I am happy to report that I've made progress on my baby steps. (I'm going to indulge myself in the joy of list-making here. Fair warning.)

-I've contacted various places about mortgages and am closing in on the one that will offer Dr. Man and I the best deal (rates, closing costs, etc.). This will be something that Dr. Man and I will discuss this upcoming weekend.

-I've ordered everything I need for New Protocol and I'm going to start it tomorrow. (Fun with lipids!)

-Nudged various yeast contacts (i.e. the person who has the construct I want for gene disruption) and am making progress on accumulating all the other constructs I need.

-Cleaned my room. I'm not the neatest of people; however, I am not filthy, I tend to just leave piles of books/papers/clothes everywhere. Now, those are all put away.

So, these are the things that I need to get done by the time I leave for Dr. Man's place:

-Finish presentation for Specialty Journal Club (I started today and I have to present it on Monday. This is probably the most important thing.)
-Get responses from yeast contacts/discuss other options with Advisor
-Clean bathroom
-Actually do New Protocol
-Continue making progress Minor But Necessary Project (I tend to put this one on the back burner whenever things get hectic.)
-Read next week's General Journal Club paper

That whole list doesn't look like a lot, but it all has to get done by Friday morning and if there's one thing I excel at, it's procrastination.

Labels: