While at lab today (note the date) I had to go searching through a former graduate student's lab notebook. There was a discrepancy between a paper and his thesis (it was minor just a plasmid name), but I had to figure out which one was correct. As I was flipping through I found that he editorialized things quite a bit. Here are a few of the more interesting things that I found:
- A smiley face next to a fluorescence trace.
- An entire page taken up by the word "F*ck"
- Detailed instructions on how to change a car's oil
- A couple of entries with times and dates that had the words "See! I should be asleep!" next to them.
- Several cryptic notes
- A nice farewell letter to Advisor on the last page.