Messages

In my quest to get not just data but actual results, I'm spending some quality time with my enzyme today. (I usually only work Sundays as part of my new-resolution to make my work week bearable. But that's another blog post.) Anyhow, I crept out of bed this morning while Dr. Man slumbered away and went to the lab. I've been here ever since. I received a phone call around 11:30 asking about lunch. I told him that I was stuck here until at least 1pm (sigh, a watched column never produces any flow through). We talked for a little bit longer and he asked me about lunch. I told him not to wait and we hung up. About an hour later, I receive a text message. I see that it's from him and I smile thinking that it'll be some nice, sweet message expressing his undying love and affection or expressing sympathy that I'm working. But, no, I get "Can u buy beer?"

At least my working today wasn't for naught. I can bring home the bacon... er... beer.