I have thoughts about things, but nothing really coherent. So, I figured I'd start a list:
- This is the first time that I've seriously considered quitting grad school. I know that I have enough to master out and that I could find a job in the area. And maybe I just don't want to do this anymore. But I won't quit because I don't want the projects to win (Damned Yeast Project and Pretty Colored Project-- the latter really needed a new name). So, I've made a deal with myself. I can quit as soon as I get both of those projects to work. Pretty Colored Project really isn't that big of an issue as it's making progress right now. However, Advisor really wants Damned Yeast Project to pull ahead because it'll work better grant-wise. I agree, but, for crying out loud, let me work on the one that's making progress! Anyhow, as soon as they work, I'm out of here.*
- The fleas are consuming poor Dixie Dog. We've been trying the Advantix and Frontline. We've moved on to a pill called Comfortis. She started on it last evening. I got 10 dead fleas off her yesterday. I hope this will help. It breaks my heart to see her chewing and scratching.
- I don't like it when owners, purposefully, allow their dogs to run around the neighborhood. I understand (and believe me, I do) when they make a break for freedom. But, srsly? Do you not understand that in car v. dog, the dog never wins?
- I'm so happy that Dr. Man is done with his exam. He's much more pleasant now. I think that's better for the long-term prospects for our marriage.
- I do not like the Twilight series. Honestly, it creeps me out. But I can understand the draw of them. I have more thoughts on this, but they're not too terribly original. These thoughts can be summed up as: I remember in high school feeling horribly unpopular and uncool (not that it's changed, I just don't care anymore). I also know that we (my particular group of friends at the time) thought it was terribly romantic for a guy we were interested in to come over unannounced and wouldn't it be romantic if he just watched you sleep (insert squeel here). So, just combine the two and: voila! A hit! [In real life that's just creepy. If I woke up with Dr. Man staring down at me, I'd start hiding the kitchen knives (just sayin').] So, there you go.
- Yes, I know I'm not hard to find. I'm not really what one could even call pseudonymous. I just try to keep Google from spitting this blog out when my name is searched (I'm certain that people are constantly searching my name. I know, sarcasm, my grandmother tells me is not becoming).
- I've discovered a new annoyance and I'll share it with you: I'm annoyed when a person spends N minutes (where N > 0) complaining about a pervasive problem (eg. the economy or the problem with animal models) and then proceeds to spend 0 minutes proposing a viable solution.
*Dr. Man has pointed out that after I beat the Projects of D00M down, I won't want to quit. That may be true, but I really want to beat them down and I really want to quit. So, I figure that the order is important (since I can't achieve the beating down if I reverse the order). I told him that I'd be willing to reevaluate after the beat down.