I'm averaging about once a week with this posting business. I keep vowing to myself to get better about it, but, so far, no dice. On the plus side this means that I've been better about managing my time in the lab. On the minus side, I'm going to have to resort to catching up RBOC style.
- Omnifocus = love. I got this program a while back, but just started using it a lot and it's helped keep me, well, focused. Plus it's kept me from panicking at the sheer volume of stuff I have to do to graduate.
- I'm trying to write my Intro for my dissertation. Mostly because I don't think I'll have a lot of time to write at the end and this section shouldn't change very much in the next year. However, I'm having a heck of a time finding time to sit down and read/write. Especially after my long working days. I'm open to suggestions.
- My plan of not working too many long days in a row is out the window right now. But just temporarily. I need to have more data to present to my committee in November. So, it's the mad dash to get it.
- But I'm taking off the entire weekend two weekends from now. I'm going to City near HomeTown to run a 13k. Well, I'm using the term run rather loosely. My training hasn't gone so well. The oppressive heat around here hasn't been helping.
- I'm trying to be very zen about this graduation/experiment business. I'm trying to live in the present and just think about my next immediate step/experiment. It's working out well as far as the keeping-me-from-freaking-out side of things, but not so well in the I-need-to-start-thinking-about-looking-for-a-post-doc side of things. Deep breaths also help.