Let's Try This Again

Whenever I think about coming back I think of this xkcd comic: The Least Interesting Man Woman In the World

But, alas, I'm not going to close up shop here; it's just that some unbloggable things have been going on around here.

I've been dealing with the usual graduate student frustrations. My protein keeps degrading on me before I can run any experiments on it. The project I was counting on to work out is not working out. (Well, the data is what it is. It's more of a matter of getting something that will help me out on the post-doc/job market, which is one factor in my ability to graduate.)

I've also been having the usual problems for me. Another bout of melancholy-- not full-blown depression, but definite melancholy. So, working around that has been a trip. I've been employing the usual coping skills and those seem to be working. And Advisor hasn't said anything to me about being unproductive (and he would); so, I think that I'm doing ok with that respect.

However, I don't want to give anyone the impression that it's all doom-and-gloom around casa de Lady Scientist. Our holidays were rather lovely. I took an entire 10 days off and didn't read a single article over that time. I also met my brother's Lovely New Girlfriend. She is a lot of fun and she makes my brother happy. Also, BIL-3 is getting married this summer to a wonderful girl. Also there are two and a half weddings going on in our lab (the half is from someone who is in our collaborator's lab). And that's a lot of fun. I'm finding that it's much more fun to be outside-looking-in as far as wedding planning is concerned!

The Dixie Dog is doing well. She's enjoying the backyard a lot. And sleeping on the couch. Ok, right now, she's more interested in sleeping on the couch. Dr. Man is done with call (for the most part) and I'm liking having him around more. He's on a pretty good rotation right now. It's good hours and he's learning a lot.

Well, I think that's about it. Let's see if I can post more than once every two months.