- What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before? Gave a talk at a national conference.
- Did you keep your 2013 resolutions, and will you make more this year? I did not. I made a general theme of trying to thrive instead of just survive. In some ways I did that, but others I did not.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
A friend from grad school did.
- Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully, no.
- What countries did you visit? Japan
- What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? Better career prospects.
- What was your biggest achievement of the year? Conquering New and Mercurial Technique.
- What was your biggest failure? Losing my temper. I hate snapping at people and, yet, I ran out of patience a lot.
- Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope.
- What was the best thing you bought? iPad air
- Whose behavior merited celebration? Kiddo's. He does cool things every day.
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Congress
- Where did most of your money go? Daycare
- Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
B. Fatter. I was still nursing Kiddo last year.
C. Richer. I got put on a training grant, which brought my salary up to the NIH pay scale.
- What do you wish you'd done more of? Sleep. I miss sleep.
- What do you wish you'd done less of? Procrastinating.
- Did you fall in love in 2013? Super cheesy, but more in love with Dr. Man.
- What was the best new book you read? The third book of the Song of Fire and Ice series.
- What was your favorite film of the year?Warm Bodies. It was hilarious.
- What kept you sane? Enough sleep and exercise. Both of which were in short supply this year. So, sane didn't really happen.
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013. The saying "Put on your own air mask before assisting others" is very true for me. I'd been laboring under the delusion that I was exempt. :)