2013: Year End Meme

  1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
  2. Gave a talk at a national conference.
  3. Did you keep your 2013 resolutions, and will you make more this year?
  4. I did not. I made a general theme of trying to thrive instead of just survive. In some ways I did that, but others I did not.
  5. Did anyone close to you give birth?
  6. A friend from grad school did.
  7. Did anyone close to you die?
  8. Thankfully, no.
  9. What countries did you visit?
  10. Japan
  11. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
  12. Better career prospects.
  13. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
  14. Conquering New and Mercurial Technique.
  15. What was your biggest failure?
  16. Losing my temper. I hate snapping at people and, yet, I ran out of patience a lot.
  17. Did you suffer illness or injury?
  18. Nope.
  19. What was the best thing you bought?
  20. iPad air
  21. Whose behavior merited celebration?
  22. Kiddo's. He does cool things every day.
  23. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
  24. Congress
  25. Where did most of your money go?
  26. Daycare
  27. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
  28. A. Happier.
    B. Fatter. I was still nursing Kiddo last year.
    C. Richer. I got put on a training grant, which brought my salary up to the NIH pay scale.
  29. What do you wish you'd done more of?
  30. Sleep. I miss sleep.
  31. What do you wish you'd done less of?
  32. Procrastinating.
  33. Did you fall in love in 2013?
  34. Super cheesy, but more in love with Dr. Man.
  35. What was the best new book you read?
  36. The third book of the Song of Fire and Ice series.
  37. What was your favorite film of the year?
  38. Warm Bodies. It was hilarious.
  39. What kept you sane?
  40. Enough sleep and exercise. Both of which were in short supply this year. So, sane didn't really happen.
  41. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
  42. The saying "Put on your own air mask before assisting others" is very true for me. I'd been laboring under the delusion that I was exempt. :)